Friday, July 10, 2009

I Wasn't Expecting This


I haven't posted in a while and here is why...

Well after spending Father's Day in the ER I received a call from the radiologist that told me that the CT scan showed a spiculated nodule (fancy word for tumor) on my dad's left lung. Fast forward three weeks later and my dad is now in recovery from having a Lobectomy. The tumor was found to be cancerous and the entire lower lobe on his left lung was removed. Thankfully the cancer had not shown signs of spreading to the lymph nodes or anywhere else in the body.

The craziest part is that if my dad had not fallen and broken his ribs we would not have even known about the cancer. Even further affirmation for me that all of our steps are guided by God. He has a plan for us all, we may not understand it at the time but it has a purpose. Given my dad's age and other prevalent health concerns I was worried about complications during the surgery. I finally found peace in the hospitals chapel while waiting for my dad to come out of surgery. In thinking about how we came to discover my dad's cancer I now trust that the Lord is looking over and protecting my dad.

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear your father is doing okay. I know how frightening it can be for a child to face a parent's illness. It is good that you can see God's hand in this. My prayers are with you and your father for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete